Blueberries + green tea + a fruity herbal tea + agar-agar = a fruit salad that’s packed with antioxidants. A simple dessert that looks cute and feels like a mini-detox!
Ingredients (for 1 to 2 portions):
– 125 g blueberries
– 300 ml water
– 1 teabag green tea with berry flavor (or just regular green or white tea that doesn’t taste bitter)
– 1 teabag herbal tea: I used hibiscus tea for the red color. You could also use red vine leaf tea or raspberry leaf tea.
– 1 tsp agar-agar (3g)
– 1 tbsp poppy seeds (optional, they’re mainly here for decoration)
– 3 pods cardamom (optional, to add another layer of flavor because I read in a magazine that they go well with blueberries)
– half a vanilla bean (or a tbsp stevia. As I don’t like stevia, I used the vanilla bean as a way to sweeten the herbal tea jelly)
– some kind of fresh leaves for decoration. I used a couple of lemon balm leaves I got from my balcony garden.
1- Bring the water to a boil. Brew the tea, herbal tea, cardamom pods and vanilla beans together.
2- Add agar-agar and bring to boil for 3 minutes so that the agar-agar can start “jellying”.
3- Pour in a large container. Sprinkle poppy seeds. Wait till agar-agar solidifies the jelly.
4- Use a mini cookie cutter to cut out jelly pieces. (Or just cut the jelly into squares using a knife).
5- Add fresh berries and fresh leaves and serve.
Nutrition facts for the whole bowl: 132 kcal, 3 g protein, 21 g carbs, 12 g sugar, 4 g fat, 5 g fiber.