Another recipe using hemp protein powder, my favorite lately. I’ve also tried this recipe with whey and egg white protein powder, but it doesn’t work: the muffins turned out like unchewable plastic cakes. Hemp protein on the other hand makes these muffins taste and look like normal muffins (because hemp protein naturally contains some carbs and fat).
– 1/4 cup hemp protein powder (30 g)
– 1/2 tsp baking powder
– 1 tbsp coconut sugar (10 g) -or Swerve, or your favorite sweetener to your own taste
– 2 eggs
– 25 g dark chocolate (I like Francois Pralus, super expensive but no sugar or sweetener added)
– 25 g chocolate chips (optional)
– flavoring of your choice (optional). I used a few drop of chocolate-hazelnut flavoring.
Mix everything together.
Because of my small electric oven, I decided to bake mini-muffins instead of regular sized muffins to make sure they’d be nicely baked. I baked them 15 minutes at 230 degrees Celsius.
(Sorry for the monster close-up picture, I just really wanted to show you the fluffy texture!)
Nutrition facts per mini-muffin: 51 kcal, 2.9 g protein, 3.6 g carbs, 1.6 g sugar, 3.6 g fat, 1.3 g fiber.
Nutrition facts if you divide the batter in 4 normal-sized muffins: 153 kcal, 8.6 g protein, 10.8 g carbs, 4.8 g sugar, 10.7 g fat, 3.8 g fiber.