I tried to make a protein fluff with frozen cauliflower and I was pleasantly surprised. I really didn’t taste the cauliflower. It’s low-carb and very light. I will definitely make this again.
A couple of things worth mentioning about the ingredients:
– The cauliflower has to be steamed until it’s well-cooked and tender.
– The cauliflower should be cut in small pieces before freezing. Small frozen pieces are easier to blend than big cauliflower florets.
– Although I do prefer protein powder without flavorings and a bunch of extra stuff, you cannot really get away with a plain protein powder in this particular recipe. It easier to make the fluff if the whey protein contains xantham gum, and you need a flavored protein powder and an extra tablespoon of cocoa to mask the cauliflouwer taste. Any flavored whey protein will work. I used a coconut flavored whey protein.
1. Place all ingredients in a bowl and blend to a smooth, frozen mixture.
2. Using an electric whisk, whisk mix for 5-8 minutes until it gains volume.
3. Eat immediately.
I made the fluff using a handheld blender to mix the ingredients, and I switched to a handheld electric whisker to create the fluffy consistency.
Nutrition facts: 157 kcal, 28 g protein, 9 g carbs, 1 g sugar, 1 g fat.
Enjoy immediately because the fluff tends to start ‘deflating’ after a few minutes!