Besan ladoos are Indian sweets made of chickpea flour, ghee (clarified butter), sugar and cardamom. This recipe may not taste as good as ‘real’ besan ladoos but can be a good alternative for people who are watching their diet. These chickpea flour balls offer a good balance of carbs, protein and fat for a healthy snack.
– 1 tbsp ghee
– 1 cup chickpea flour (125 g)
– 1 cup water
– 1-2 tbsp sucanat or brown sugar or your favorite sweetener to your own taste
– 1/4 cup of vanilla whey protein
– 1 tsp cardamom
1. Heat the ghee in a pan.
2. Add the chickpea flour and roast the mixture on low medium flame stirring continuously till it changes to light brown color and start smelling like roasted chickpeas.
3. Once it is browned, add water and sugar. Stir for 1 to 2 minutes, so that all liquid is absorbed and mixture becomes fluffy. Remove from heat and let it cool.
4. Add cardamom and protein powder.
5. Shape into balls. The recipe makes about 8 medium-sized besan ladoos.
Estimated nutrition facts per ball: 97 calories, 3.5 g of fat, 5.5 g protein, 8.5 g carbs, 2.3 g sugars.