This is a vegan, gluten-free recipe for healthy chestnut chocolate cakes.
– 300 g cooked chestnuts (2 cups)
– 160 g apple sauce (1/2 cup)
– 80 g coconut milk (1/3 cup)
– 50 g corn flour (1/4 cup)
– 2 tbsp cocoa (or 100 g dark chocolate)
– the sweetener of your choice (agave syrup or low-carb syrup, quantity to your own taste ; I didn’t use any because I wanted to “keep it low” in this recipe but you have to add some kind of sweeteness if you’re looking for a ‘real cake’ feeling).
Pour all additional ingredients into a food processor and blend everything together until it’s well mixed. (If you’re using dark chocolate in place of cocoa, melt the chocolate before adding it to the other ingredients.)
Bake for 20-30 min at 230 degrees Celsius. It’s kind of normal for the center to look ‘uncooked’. It’s slightly better and quicker to bake this cake in several different small moulds (in a muffin pan) rather than in a big mould. If you’re looking for a more decadent dessert and you don’t mind the extra calories, it could be a good idea to coat the cakes with dark chocolate.