Nutella is a hazelnut/chocolate flavored spread that tastes terrific on bread or pancakes but is also very unhealthy: 60% of the product is made of sugar and palm oil.
Here is an interesting blog post about what’s really inside Nutella ; it’s basically sugar & oil: www.fooducate.com
I really enjoy the taste of hazelnut with chocolate, but my body doesn’t enjoy so much sugar and unhealthy fats. Here are 2 simple recipes that can work as “Nutella substitutes” to curb those Nutella cravings.
Mix everything together. This mix has almost the right nutella look and consistency:
If you don’t have protein powder you may want to try the following mix:
Nutella Craving Greek Yogurt Mix
– 1 cup of fat-free Greek yogurt (250 ml)
– 2 teaspoons of hazelnut butter (or just some crushed hazelnuts instead)
– 1 to 2 tablespoons of cocoa
– 1 drop of vanilla extract
– 1 teaspoon of agave nectar (to taste, or your favorite sweetener)
If you want to use this mix to use on top of other things (healthy pancakes for ex), you may want to lower the quantity of Greek yogurt to get a thicker paste.